Thursday, August 06, 2009

Sophia One Month

Oh,Miss Sophia, you my little princess are one month old. The last few weeks have been a blur. Being a second child I often feel guilty that I don't lavish you with enough attention that I might have with Harrison, or that somehow this time around things are less special because I actually don't feel as lost as I did the first time around. But the fact of the matter is that every time I see your chubby (we'll get to that in a minute) face, I am so very proud.

IMG_0050

You are a beautiful little thing. I can see, as the days pass, the little glimmer in your eyes. I notice the adorable little features, like your downy-soft hair, and your chinless-chin, that you have.

IMG_0061

You are a special little thing, and each time I hold you against my chest I am reminded that I have a little girl to protect, and that is a very big job for a daddy.

IMG_0032

Yes, we are still very much surviving. Every day is an adventure and your mother is doing such a wonderful job keeping this house together, that I sometimes forget how crazy things actually are.

IMG_0022

You are a sweet, yet very noisy little thing. You grunt a lot and you seem to know exactly when we need to get something done, because that is the exact time that you wail and want to be held.

My favorite part of the day so far has been early in the morning after mommy feeds you. You seem to always be a little bit uncomfortable so I end up holding you on my chest as I dose in and out of sleep for the last hour or so before it is time for me to go to work. I love hearing your little sounds and your breath as you slowly get comfortable and eventually fall asleep against me.

You are starting to coo and I even think I saw you smile! Your a hungry little thing that eats her way through the day and have had no problems putting on weight. You are our little princess, but you are our chunky little princess :)! In fact, you are in the 99th percentile for height and weight, weighing in at 11 lbs, 10 ounces, 23 inches long at your one month appointment.

Chubby Baby

Your brother still likes holding you and gets very nervous when you cry. He attempts to share his toys with you and for the life of him cannot understand why you don't like to hold his saw and hammer!

IMG_0070

You are a beautiful little girl and we are so thrilled to to watch you grow up.

No comments: