Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dear Sophia

Hi baby girl,

I know I haven't written about you a lot, and trust me it's not because we aren't excited about you, we are. We are more than excited, it's just that we have this little ball of craziness here with us and well, you know, sometimes after he goes to bed I just want to sit and do nothing because quite frankly the kid wears us out.

I did want to take a moment and write you a letter. We are ready for you to come. We are ready to see our little doodle bug. Yes, we have a nickname picked out for you already...actually your mom has had that picked out for a while.

We talk about you all the time. We wonder what you will look like. Will you look like a little Colombino or will you have more fair features like your brother? We really don't care as long as you are healthy, and whatever you look like, I know you will be beautiful.

I also wanted to give you some tips before you come into this crazy family.

Your Brother


Harrison, as you will soon learn is a two year old. He is smart, he is wonderful, but he is crazy. He has been the center of our universe for two years so forgive him if he is a little slow to accept you. He talks about you all the time though, and already has a nickname for you - "Phia"! He talks about holding you and changing your diaper --- don't worry, we won't let him till you are much older, just kidding, we will handle all of that. He is also very concerned that you will cry, which you probably will, but that is OK too. For as crazy as he is, he also has a tender heart. A little guy that loves to give "huggers" and "big kisses" he will, I am sure of it, grow fond of you very quickly. I am sure he will be your protector and I know that he will love you as much as we do.

Riley


Your dog is a whole different story. See, before Harrison was born, he was the center of our world. He was your mommy's baby before we had a baby. When Harrison came he wasn't too sure about the whole deal. With you coming along he may just run away. Harrison and Riley have a love hate relationship...I am sure you and H will make a dynamic duo against Riley. He may want your food, he is an incredible beggar, and he may want a toy or two, but once he gets to know you he will love you, and probably really love you once you start dropping some Cheerios his way.

Your Mother


I am not sure what I can say about your mom. When your mom found out that you were a girl she was ecstatic. She set out, I think, to find every pink thing she could find. It finally got to a point where I asked her about it...she came back with a bag of clothes and announced that she got something other than a pink outfit...it was purple!

Your mom already loves you more than you will know. She would give you the world tomorrow if she had it and the universe the next day. She will make you wonderful birthday cakes and Halloween costumes, and paintings...but most of all she will make a wonderful home for you and your brother. There is one thing I am certain; you and your brother will never want for love. The only thing she has ever wanted, and has asked me for, is a family, and now, with you and Harrison, we have it.

Your Dad


I will keep this brief. I am a big sap. I always knew I wanted kids, but your brother opened my eyes, and my heart, and has truly made me understand just how powerful children are. I will do my best to always be there for you, no matter what. I promise that we will have fun, that you will be loved, and that I will protect you from as much pain as I possibly can, though, you will probably face some bumps along the road.

I also want you to know that no matter what, you can do, and be, whatever you want to be. Whether you want to be the girliest of girls or the biggest tomboy, I want you to know that you I will love you and support you in all that you do and all that you become.

We are all excited for you to get here...so anytime you want to arrive we are ready for you!

Love your family!

No comments: