Monday, June 15, 2009

2 Years, a Few Tears, and Many Laughs.

Harrison's First Day 024

2 years. I try to let that sink in but it still doesn't seem real. It doesn't seem like it was two years ago today that mommy woke me in the middle of the night with a worried yet very cheery "I think my water broke...or I peed the bed". It doesn't seem like it was two years ago when my life, our life, changed forever.

Harrison's Day Two and Coming Home 054

Two years is really just a blip on the screen of your life. A blip but somehow it is more significant. Two years means you are no longer our baby. No longer our little baby boy that slept curled up on our chest with his little butt in the air. No longer the the little baby turning into a little guy.

Dad and Harrison Kick Back

You are NOW that little guy. A little guy that can mimic how mommy says "Honey" "Hah-KNEE" or who likes to walk up to us and announce just exactly what you are doing "I, I, I Fixing!"

"Fixing" Things B&W

You have brought us so many laughs, I could write a book about these last two years, but really, I can say what I feel in just a few words.

IMG_0015

You are the best thing that has happened to us. You are a bright, smart, beautiful little boy that makes us laugh each day. Thank you for your wonderful spirit, your tender heart, and the sweetness that is you. We love you forever!

IMG_0126

3 comments:

Megan and Abram Bouché said...

Oh, so sweet! Happy Birthday Harrison!

Amy said...

I love reading your updates. If only I could get my thoughts out on paper that well! Happy Birthday Harrison :)

Clucas5 said...

@drew... Thanks for the B-Day wishes. Hope all is well!

@Amy, Thanks! These guys bring out the sappy side in us tough guys :)