Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Only Hope

This week is Jimmy V week on all ESPN outlets. Liz and I were talking about Jimmy V yesterday as we were watching college football and she asked me who he was. Most people know him as the coach of the NC State team that made a run in the NCAA's and won a National Championship in 1983. So, as I told her about this, I googled his speech at the ESPY's and found it on YouTube. As we watched and I laughed and cried, we got to the end and simply said, That is Jim Valvano.

I kept thinking about the video throughout the day and just thought that I can only hope that Harrison is able to live his life this way. To be able to live with passion and how to live with love. If he can find a way to live this way, then no matter what, his life will be a success.

Take a moment and watch the video, watch all the way to end, and visit the V foundation...and if we can live our lives to Laugh, Think and Cry everyday, we will have full life.

No comments: