Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What it all Means

DSC00006


This weekend I had a great opportunity to head up to Northern Wisconsin to my brother's cottage in Hayward. I originally wasn't going to be able to go up but some last minute arrangements allowed me to surprise my grandfather who had flown in from Vancouver Washington to spend a weekend fishing and boating with my brother and father.

It was a perfect man's weekend filled with steak, beer and even a few actual fish. It was an incredible time, three generations of Lucas men sharing old stories of visiting grandpa, hearing stories of when my grandfather was young, and stories about my dad and his brother as kids.

The whole weekend I kept thinking of my own son and how I couldn't wait to share events like this with him when he grows up. How I hoped that he would be able to share in such moments with his grandfather, uncle, and myself. The weekend made me appreciate what life is all about...the little moments with those that you love and love you. Family is what makes you and I can only hope that Liz and I will provide as wonderful a family that our parents and grandparents have provided for us.

So we go back to our daily struggles, but refreshed with the true meaning of family, and what it means to be part of a unit that no matter what happens, you know, will always love and care for you.

You can see some pictures from the weekend here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pics.