Sunday, June 10, 2007

39 Weeks, 6 Days, and Still Waiting

Tree Pictures 006


Apparently young Harrison is pretty comfortable in his mommy! We are still waiting and while we wait we are having our fair share of excitement. We finally caught our furry racoon friend, which Riley has been stalking for months - at one point barking him up the roof in broad daylight!

On Thursday, as we were walking, trying to move Harrison along, our neighbor caught up with us and let us know that part of our tree snapped off in the high winds. So this weekend Dad spent all Saturday and part of Sunday cutting up the fallen part and taking down the rest of the tree (with some help from two very nice neighbors). Unfortunately all the shade on the side of our house is gone, but at least we were able to take care of it before Mom goes into labor.

I have never used a chain saw, so as I am sure Liz will attest to, we are both just happy that I still have all my fingers and toes! It was actually pretty fun pretending to be a lumberjack, though I feel like a small tap on my forehead may crumble my whole body - to say I am sore is a bit of an understatement. I have put some pictures of the tree and the removal process and some more pictures of mommy and her tummy.

I know many of you are anxiously waiting for the phone to ring - we will call soon enough...hopefully!

No comments: